Israeli forces hit the city of Jenin with drone strikes during an overnight operation on Monday that left at least seven people dead.
The Palestinian health ministry confirmed at least seven people had been killed and 27 wounded in Jenin, while another man was killed in the city of Ramallah after being shot in the head at a checkpoint.
As daylight broke on Monday, thick black smoke from burning tyres set alight by residents swirled through the Jenin streets while calls to support the fighters rang out from loudspeakers.
A spokesman for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas called the operation "a new war crime against our defenceless people".
The Israeli military said the targeted building functioned as an "advanced observation and reconnaissance centre" and a weapons and explosives site as well as a coordination and communications hub.
It provided an aerial photograph showing what it said was the target and which indicated the building hit was near two schools and a medical centre.
A spokesman said it would last as long as needed and officials suggested forces could remain for days. "An operation doesn't end in one day," Energy Minister Israel Katz, a member of the security cabinet, told Army radio.
Israeli Defence Minister Yoav Gallant said his forces were "closely monitoring the conduct of our enemies...The defence establishment is ready for all scenarios."
Bangladeshi lawmakers elected veteran Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) leader Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir as the country's new president on Thursday, making the longtime opposition figure the head of state after his party came to power in a major political transition.
Russian strikes have killed 16 people and injured more than 40 in Kyiv and the surrounding region on Thursday as President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said a failure by Ukraine's allies to replenish its stock of air defence missiles was costing lives.
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan plan to move back to Britain this month, six years after they stepped down from their royal duties and relocated to the US, a source close to the couple said.
South Korea's presidential office has condemned North Korea's launch of more than 10 short-range ballistic missiles on Thursday and ordered its military to maintain full readiness during ongoing joint exercises with the United States.
Enjoy your favourite music back to back commercial free, tune in to the Music Mix everyday from 1 until 2 for the music you love and the news updates you need
Enjoy your favourite music back to back commercial free, tune in to the Music Mix everyday from 1 until 2 for the music you love and the news updates you need
Apple Inc. shares fell Monday after a closely followed analyst warned that demand for the firm’s new iPhone 16 Pro model has been lower than expected. Is this a sign that the AI software just isn’t ready?
Dubai’s current population is more than double compared to almost twenty years ago, which now stands at 3.7 million. Lots of families are also moving to the UAE now. So what does it mean for the property market?