Foreign ministers of some Muslim countries will meet in Istanbul on Monday to discuss the Gaza ceasefire and next steps there, Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan said on Friday, voicing concern over whether the ceasefire will continue.
Speaking at a press conference in Ankara, Fidan said the gathering would include foreign ministers of countries represented at a meeting with US President Donald Trump in New York in September.
That meeting, to discuss the situation in Gaza, was attended by Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the UAE, Jordan, Pakistan and Indonesia.
"The topics being discussed currently are how to proceed to the second stage, the stability force," Fidan said.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hinted last week at his opposition to any role for Turkish security forces in the Gaza Strip as part of a mission to monitor a US-backed ceasefire with Hamas.

Several dead after UK police car crash, police say
Ukrainian drones kill 6, hit warehouse of Russian online retailer Ozon
At least 13 Tunisians missing after migrant boat sinks off Tunisia, group says
TikTok agrees to $400 million US children's privacy settlement
One killed, three injured in sword attack at Swedish high school
